Here in Southeastern Virginia are fall season isn't like what I was used to growing up in New England. Our leaves don't turn until late October/Early November and trying to find a true "Pumpkin patch" is a bit difficult. Apparently, pumpkins are a little difficult to grow here because of the warmer climate and rain we get this time of year. Fortunately though, I found one! So we went out to Brookdale Farm in Chesapeake to begin the season. It was so fun to walk through the fields, stake out the best ones and pick them right off the vine!

In late October, I went to visit Emily in NYC before she moved to Pennsylvania at the end of the month. We spent a good part of Saturday in Brooklyn where we walked around her old school campus at Pratt and went to the "Brooklyn Flea". On Sunday we visited the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. We spent most of the day walking around the beautiful gardens and watching the kids come in all dressed up for the "Goblins and Gourds" festival. Later that afternoon we went to the MET in Manhattan which reminded me a little of the Louvre but on a much smaller scale. Monday I had to go home but got a great tour of the city on the way to the airport. I just happened to be one of the first ones on the airport shuttle and got to see lots of sites while we were driving around. Got a glimpse of Regis too!

2011
14 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment