Monday, February 16, 2009

A Valentine's celebration

Josh and I ended up celebrating Valentine's Day on the 15th this year. Josh worked at the restaurant Valentine's night and a friend of mine had a cocktail party that I wanted to go to so we celebrated a little bit late. It actually worked out really well because the restaurants weren't that crowded and I didn't have to rush to get ready after work.

I was surprised with reservations for dinner at Blue Pete's, the restaurant where we had our wedding reception. We had gone for dinner a few years ago and were dissapointed, but we found out that a new owner had taken over, remodeled and added some changes to the menu. I really wanted to go and give them a second chance.
This time the food and service were great. It was so nice to see that our "place" wasn't going downhill and we could look forward to celebrating more ocassions there in the years to come.

This is a picture of Evan on Valentine's Day. He decided to climb up on the coffee table when no one was looking. He was all smiles and ready to pose when Josh got out the camera.


Evan is 10 1/2 months old in this picture. In the last few weeks he has been walking quite a bit. He still crawls when he really wants to get somewhere fast but everyday he tries to walk more and more. Evan definitely knows his name and the word "no" but pretends he doesn't. He laughs and continues what he's doing when you say it. Evan is feeding himself and won't let you feed him at all. He is also climbing the stairs really well, so we've had to install a gate at the foot of the stairs.
No new teeth yet, just the two on the bottom. I think the top two will be coming in soon though. I hope they don't come in all at once!

0 comments: